Packing versions

So obviously that did not end up being the final packaging.
Sorry I haven't really been updating my blog. I've been mailing my review panel my work as and when, and all the work has been driving me a little insane.

Anyway, point being, I did at least 13 versions of the packaging, until I found something I was happy with.
The feed back from the set in the previous post was- that it was too loud, too much happening, too busy.

So I tried other versions, trying to incorporate the positive negative space like I have in the logo.





The feedback I got on these was- it's still too busy. The green is a little over powering, and the motifs are too big.
In the mean while, i was also trying to use the motifs differently as well as just trying the first design in different shades of green etc etc






Then I chose to work more with the playfulness of the positive negative spaces I had going in the motifs of the vegetables, and my client didn't want me to restrict myself to just mainly.. well.. peppers, so I chose to incorporate other vegetables too. And I thought I had a final packaging idea. Until... I decided to try a different colour palette.






The reason I decided to change my colour palette was because it was still too green, and the feel of what the product does wasn't coming across.
Thanks to some help (thank you sneha! If you're reading this) I found a new colour palette that suited the concept better.
It showed variety, like the cooker that does multiple things, and the colours were very vegetable like, and the entire packaging came together way better.
Although it took a little convincing, my clients agreed that this DID stand out more.


POSTED BY jus me
POSTED IN
DISCUSSION 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.